Wednesday, April 20, 2022

What A Storm!

 Yesterday the weather was frightful. It rained heavy and the wind blew. There was 2" of rain fall. The high got to 7C and felt more like 2C with the dampness and wind. Today it is suppose to be sunny with a high of 11C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit slept most of the day and I'm not sure if it is the medication or if he was overly tired. He woke up about 4:30 pm, was alert, and remembered the house, the cat, and me. I really liked how he was - alert and calm. 

After doing March's budget and paying the bills, I rested for the rest of the morning but didn't sleep. I wasn't sure how things were going to go. Resting helps me relax and keep myself out of the pity party that usually goes with tiredness and the spells the Spousal Unit has. 

I did get the kitchen cleaned up in the afternoon. Garbage out, counters cleaned, dishes done, and stove washed off good. Not perfect but much better than it has been the past few days. 

With the high winds, the power went off just after 7 pm. We managed though it was confusing for the Spousal Unit. The power came on just over 3 hours later. 

The Spousal Unit had another spell about 2 hours after taking the medication. I spent about 2 hours trying to help him work through it all. I will call the doctor today about what is happening. This is not fun as we are both tired out after the spell is over with. It takes me longer to go to sleep as I have to deal with my stress, him jerking and twitching until he completely settles down.

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room but was upstairs often to monitor the Spousal Unit. I worked on the first bowl cozy. 

I spent some time cutting out a triangle 1" wide by 2" tall for a template for the darts. 

This is the 2nd one as the first has disappeared on me. When I fold the side of the square in half, I make sure the fabric is smooth under the batting, lay the triangle with the 2" side on the fold and stitch up the long angled side. Perfect darts every time. 

I pinned the triangle in place so I wouldn't loose it.

As per usual, I hand sewed the opening closed by hand after I had everything neatly pinned down and pressed well. I then top stitched 1/8" from the edge. 

I made sure the patterns goes in the same direction on the inner and outer layers. It will look smart with teal bowls.

Using a template for the darts made sewing the cozies quicker. I will probably do all the darts before sewing them together.

Knitting

I knit several rounds on the socks last night. I had to quit when the power went off. It was nice to have the needles in my hands once again. 

Today

I am calling the doctor this morning to get a telephone appointment, folding laundry, tidying up a bit, rest a lot, and sew if I can. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment