Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Yesterday was dull, grey and wet. The high got to 9C This morning is 8C and the temperature will drop to 6C. We are to have showers.

Lifestyle

We had a busy day yesterday. We took Elliott to the vet in the morning and he got a clean bill of health and his shot. He weighs 18 lbs so I'm cutting back on his food some. He needs to loose a pound. 

After lunch we went for our 2nd booster shot. We were done in no time flat which was great. Home for Tylenol and what I had hoped for was a rest. 

The Spousal Unit was out in the garage before we went for our booster shot. He was agitated about trying to find things but he didn't know what. Getting our vaccine seemed to distract him for a bit. When we were to be resting after the vaccine, he shot out of the chair, was verbally abusive and out the door. I trailed along behind trying to help him. Showed him one item three times and I don't think it registered even after I asked him to show me where it was. He couldn't find it. Got him in to relax and he had a nap. He woke still very leery about people. After dinner, we went for a drive to find magnolia trees. They are just coming out into bloom.

This one is down the street from us. We found about 8-10 others on our drive. Dark pink, pale pink and white blooms. 

The first part of the night was good but at 3 am it was a disaster. Thrashing, up and down out of bed, and looking for things in the bed. I realized he hadn't had his medication and gave it to him. About 5:30 am he settled down. We got up at 7:30 am and he has had a nap, eaten breakfast and is worried about keeping us safe. I've reassured him in my tired state all is well. 

Sewing

I got 1 hour of sewing in yesterday morning. I made 2.5 meters of piping for daughter. 

It is fabric I didn't like and it made cute piping. It always happens that way.

Today

Today is survival day. I hope to sew a bit, clean the bathroom, and rest some. The crazy nights take a huge toil on me. It is when I'm exhausted that I get bleary and teary and worry about things I shouldn't worry about. Safety is the biggest one.

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment