Saturday, April 30, 2022

a Good Day All Around

Yesterday's weather was cool, wet, and not quite so dull and grey. The high got to 6C. This morning it is 3C and we are to have a similar day with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

We had a great day yesterday. The Spousal Unit was lucid all day and we talked about many things. He is mainly worried I'm not getting the help I need and finds it hard to understand that I am getting it or will be getting it. He realizes I worry about getting groceries as he needs to be safe. Hopefully it will start this coming Friday. 

I got the bedding laundered and the bed made. All the laundry is folded and put away. I puttered a bit in the house during the day doing a few things. I was conserving energy as I did feel okay but weary. 

We worked on the puzzle. I did the fox and it was hard. The Spousal Unit couldn't help as I would have to move pieces around to get them in the right place. He played with some pieces and told me I was looking at the puzzle upside down. He was right. 

We looked at a plate of two Hereford calves I hung on the wall. I thought we had bought it on a trip but when we took it down, we realized it was a gift from the Canadian Hereford Association when we hosted a luncheon and tour of the ranch we managed for years.

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room. The Spousal Unit visited with me while I was sewing. Before lunch, I got one side of the front done. I was pleased with it. 

The lace is delicate and blends into the fabric. But I like it. 

After lunch, I got the second front done and added the bottom part. 

I then worked on the back and have the pleats done and sewn down. I am ready to attach the yoke and yoke lining. Once it is done, I have more seams to serge. I was going to add beads to the front but have decided against it. 

I did get May's sewing list posted. Other than starting a quilt, most projects are to use up the left over cat fabric and the fabric from the above outfit. That way I will have the teal fabrics left to use up. Some of it will be used when I sew cat fabric items and the rest could be used up to make a square bowl cozy which isn't on the list. 

Today

We are going to get apples and I will do a quick stop at Walmart. I would like to sew this afternoon so I can put the sleeves in when I get back into the sewing room. Depending on how tired I am, I may knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment