Sunday, April 10, 2022

When It Rains, It Pours

 And that isn't just the weather today.

DH spent two nights thrashing about all night. Both of us were exhausted. This is not a normal sleep pattern for him. He is one of the quietest sleepers going. 

He had also been lacking in energy and turned cranky on Friday afternoon. 

I checked his chest as I thought the "heat rash" under his arm was bothering him and, to my surprise, the rash had spread across half his chest and a bit going down his arm.

He has shingles.

The BIGGEST surprise in my life as his mom said he was the only one of the 4 boys not to have it. 

He must have had a mild case that went undetected.

We went to the pharmacy and our neighbor did the assessment on him. Text book case. She prescribed medication for him to take for 7 days. Forty-two pills.

I've bathed the rash and put camomile lotion on it and will continue to do that twice a day. I have him on tylenol also. He slept most of yesterday afternoon. 

We will go to emergency if he needs pain medication otherwise we will continue as we are until we see the doctor next Monday. 

I will blog when I have time and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment