Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A Day For The Books

 Yesterday was a lovely warm day. There was a cloudy haze which was nice. The high got to 16.5C. This morning it is grey, cloudy, and 7C. We are to have showers during the day and rain tonight. High 9C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a day for the books. The Spousal Unit woke up tired but sort of wound up. After breakfast, he was out the door to work in the garden. I lost him and he was in the garden shed. He was reading the label on the fertilizer. I left him as he was safe. 

I was able to continue monitoring him as I washed windows. He disappeared again into the shed and when I checked on him, he was going through everything. I caught him in the tub where I keep (hid) the poisonous stuff. I quickly removed the container and hid it in the garage. He got his small spade and started to turn the soil over to mix in the fertilizer. I started to remove dandelions from around the roses (which are dead). He was extremely agitated. I went back inside to clean up from washing windows.

I called him in to go for a drive. It was like having a child who was mad at you about nothing. I took him for a long drive the Sangster Bridge/Falmouth way to stop at the library in Windsor for Rapid Tests for covid. When I asked him about lunch, he was rude so I bought us lunch to eat at home. He ate well but didn't know what he was eating. 

After lunch, he was outside again in the yard. He was really agitated and yelled at me to call daughter-in-law. I got him inside and seated beside me. He was exhausted, agitated, and out of it. I let him talk and be nasty. I asked questions and finally he told me this had been going on for 2 weeks (no it hadn't been), people were in the yard telling him what to do and wrecking the garden. I talked to him soothingly and he started to relax. I stopped talking and he fell asleep. He slept for an hour and woke up feeling much better. His first comment was we needed to go to bed early as he was very tired.

We talked calmly about the garden and that it was too early to plant things. I let family know all was well and we kept talking as I made dinner. He ate a good dinner, and we had an early night. We both slept well and he seems fine this morning just tired.

One thing that is evident is I need to purge the shed even more. I need to do the shelving unit so there is only what he needs on the shelves. I will have to hide the bags of garbage as they can't go out for 2 weeks. I will figure it out and will try to do some on the day he is out for a drive with daughter-in-law (Saturday or Sunday). If I can get a good start, the rest will be easy.

Sewing

I got the thread changed on the serger when I realized the Spousal Unit was missing. Six hours later, I turned off the machine. 

Knitting

Not a stitch knit. 

Today

We take Elliott for his annual check up and shots this morning and then we get our booster shots after lunch. It will be a day of rest. If I have the energy or time, I may start sewing piping. It is ready to go. If not, we will do nothing. The Spousal Unit needs to rest a lot today. 

Until the next time............................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Good job handling such a tough situation. Take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete