Friday, April 08, 2022

Sewing Pajamas For A Boy Doll

 We have had some lovely sunny days with high temperatures near 10C. I think Wednesday was warmer than 10C. Today is cooler and it will start to rain later this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

We have had some pretty good days. There have been some bouts of anger, some bouts of depression, and some good laughs. This morning was ushered in with some sore joints and a bout of depression. Yesterday was exhaustion as he was up many times during the night. We had a nap before lunch which helped.

We finished a puzzle on Wednesday morning. It was a harder one to do as there is a lot going on in it. 

We went out and got another puzzle -- a Robert Bateman with a fox on it. We also went for a drive to see if the trees are showing signs of waking up. They are just showing signs of life. 

When we got home, I was able to visit with our neighbor across the road. It felt good to be out of the house and see someone. When I got home, the Spousal Unit had put away the John Deere puzzle and was sorting the fox puzzle. 

Sewing

I've been in and out of the sewing room working on doll's pajamas. I did a bunch on the top yesterday but stopped when the Spousal Unit became angry and we needed a nap. 

The pattern is a Simplicity one that a friend gave me before we moved here. 

I am making the ones in the top left corner. The designer loves 3/4" hems which is nice. I got the top done to the bottom hem, buttonholes and buttons. 

The fabric for the pajamas, blankets and pillows is left over from grandson's pajama pants 3 Christmas's ago. The little girl I give the outfits to will have lots to play with over Easter weekend. 

I have been watching Bridgerton and am enjoying the clothes the actors are wearing. It has me wanting to sew from that era and I found this delightful pattern by accident on Pinterest.

We can't buy Simplicity patterns in Canada so I'm thinking of either getting a friend to buy it on sale or getting it off Etsy. I'm thinking. 

I have the pattern for this dress which is darling so I am deciding on what I will do. 

Next up is the Edwardian walking skirt with the Antheia top and 4 bowl cozies. 

Knitting

I haven't knit for a couple of nights due to tiredness or being out to visit. 

Today

Today I need to prep a dinner for tomorrow night as we will be out in the afternoon. I want to try and do some cleaning, sewing, puzzle, and knitting. It all depends on how things go today. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment