Thursday, April 14, 2022

Starting To Feel Better

The weather has been much more like spring. We've had sunshine and warmer temperatures. Yesterday the high was 13.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 6C. We are to have a high of 10C and showers today.

Lifestyle

The forsythia at the bank is just coming into bloom. Spring is coming slowly but steadily. 

You can barely see the blooms but I had to take a picture. The forsythia in the other locations that we watch do not have a hint of color.  These are protected and against a south brick wall. Spring is so late here that we celebrate any signs of flowers.

Life has been busy here. I've been administering medication to the Spousal Unit and keeping his shingles clean and medicated. Yesterday was Day 2 of him being more alert and he was agitated with delusions. We both had had a poor night's sleep due to the delusions on Tuesday so we napped in the afternoon. A drive after dinner brought him down and he was exhausted. We both had a good night's sleep and are feeling better today. He has started out being in a good mood which I hope lasts all day. His rash remains the same but doesn't feel as hot to the touch.

I am coping but am exhausted. My IBS is out of control which is normal when I'm stressed, exhausted, and trying to do things when I just want to cry and sleep. I want to do things and feel overwhelmed at how much I need to do. I'm going to start with a corner and begin cleaning up once again. 

Our neighbor texted me that she was exposed to covid and I can't go over for a minimum of 5 days. We are hoping she tests negative. Nova Scotia spent so much time keeping covid numbers down and vaccine rates high that Omicron is having a hay day infecting people. 

Sewing

I got to the quilt shop on Tuesday on our way to get apples. I bought insulbrite for pot holders and 2 pieces of cotton for potholders and possibly bowl cozies. I also got cotton thread for the bowl cozies. 

I am hoping that I can get three projects cut out ready to sew over the next 2 - 3 weeks. I find that once the projects are prepped I can sew 15 minutes here and there and feel like I've made progress. 

The doll clothes I made have been delivered to the hairdresser who will pass them along today. The little girl will have new clothes for her dolls for Easter weekend. It makes me happy that someone will have fun dressing her dolls over the weekends she spends with her Nan. 

Knitting

No knitting done but then I'm either exhausted or, as in last night, having the Spousal Unit leaning against me. Instead of knitting and watching a movie, I played solitaire on my phone while watching a movie. The Spousal Unit watched the movie and tried to stay awake. I'll get caught up once things settle down.

Today

Today I need to do laundry and I'm going to start in a corner and clean. I'm thinking the entry way as I have a cleaning plan for it. I'd like to prep to make piping. Tonight we plan on getting an ice cream cake and visit family to celebrate grandson's night off from soccer. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment