Friday, April 01, 2022

Sewing Progress

The weather here has been a mixed bag. Grey and dismal to sunny and windy. Today it is raining and the temperature is 10C though down the valley it is 14C. We have a large wet system rolling in on us for the next 24 hours. 

Lifestyle

Wednesday was a horrible day. The Spousal Unit ranted and raved until mid afternoon when he cleaned out under the deck. It's all around the shed now. There was verbal rages at me and I was on the verge of tears all day. It was my birthday and it was an unhappy one. 

Yesterday we hit the other end of the spectrum. Depression set in and there were tears and lots of talking. It took about 2.5 hours to settle him. I cleaned the bedroom and then we did puzzle. I was a bit later getting down to the puzzle table and he had 10 pieces in when I got there. We finished the puzzle.

Mid afternoon we went out and bought 2 more. The one he opened has a wide variety of sizes ranging from small pieces to huge ones. It is going to be an interesting puzzle to make. The day ended on a good note. I'm not sure how today is going to go. 

I've also been worried about covid. The number of new cases daily is still high and we get a weekly report. We wear our masks when out and are still using lots of hand sanitizer after shopping. We are trying to live with Covid but I worry. I'm hoping they will give 4th doses in Canada as they are now recommending in the US.

Sewing

I worked on the top for two days (Antheia by Love From Lola) and made decent progress. I got the pleats corrected after reading the pattern 3 times. I did the bottom front and went down last night to correct where it is folded at the center front. 

I made the pleats at the back and added the yoke. No picture of that but it is well designed. I now need to add the yoke facing, hand stitch it down and I'll be ready to do the sleeves. 

I am planning on making the top again for an Edwardian walking outfit. I will sew down the pleats in the back 2" (to the waist) rather than 1.5". I will do the front pleats without the lace and add a tiny lace to the top. It's so narrow it would get lost in the pleats. 

When this outfit is done, I am going to spend an afternoon cleaning up the sewing room. It needs to be done as there is some clutter around that is distracting me. 

Knitting

I haven't knit for 2 nights. I have been exhausted by the time we are done dinner and can't focus on anything. 

Today

I am not sure what we will do today. In the course of an hour we gone from depression to anger to depression with anger.

Until the next time......................................................... 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I feel for you, it's a really tough time for you. Also full of praise for the loving way you are dealing with it. Take care, Angela

    ReplyDelete