Monday, April 04, 2022

Done To The Buttons

 Well, it is snowing out this morning and it is suppose to snow all day. Hopefully spring will arrive after this snow storm has passed. It can be cool but we certain do need lots of sunshine. 

Lifestyle

It has been quite the show at our house. The Spousal Unit continues to rant and rave and we continue to try and calm him down. 

On Saturday we took him to watch our grandson play soccer in the city. He remembered where we were going as he and son had gone there 3 years ago to watch the Halifax Wanderer's practice soccer in the building. He had a good day and we had supper at family's. 

Sewing

I spent some time sewing and got the top finished to the buttons. The decision is black buttons or a mother of pearl buttons (if they aren't too large).


It has turned out quite cute. The top is really nice and I'm looking forward to making it again. 

The back has pleats in the back yoke. They are stitched down 1.5" and it allows the back to have a bit of a flair. 


I had thought of stitching the pleats down 2" on the Edwardian outfit. I may hand baste them down to see if it works or not. 

Knitting

I have been so tired at night, I haven't knit for quite a while. I am hoping to start again tonight and pick up the gusset stitches on the second sock. I have missed my knitting. 

Today

I want to do some housework, tidy up a bit in the sewing room, work on the puzzle, and keep things running smoothly. 

Until the next time............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment