Friday, April 29, 2022

Edwardian Walking Skirt Completed

Yesterday was damp and cool. The high got to 8.5C. Today we are to see showers or flurries and a high of 5C. It is 4C at 7 a.m. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a bad day yesterday. If he wasn't asleep, he was up and grumpy. He had aches and pains here and there in his body. He wasn't overly delusional so I'm putting it down to the vaccine shot. He seems better this morning. 

I was also very tired and my energy level was low. I was weepy and, at one point, cried. I pushed through doing some housework and laundry. I did rest but didn't sleep. Today my arm is sore at the needle site so I'm thinking I had my bad day with the vaccine also. 

I got a call from Continuing Care and there will be a lady come on Fridays from 9-11:30 a.m. I can go grocery shopping and get a few other things done that needs to be done. The first visit will only be for groceries as I want to hide in the basement to see how things go. Now to find out when the house cleaners can come. 

We both had a decent sleep last night which is was nice. I know I will be tired later today as I was awake several times due to the Spousal Unit getting up to the bathroom. 

Sewing

I made the Spousal Unit come sit in the sewing room while I sewed. He slept the whole time I was in there. I worked on the Edwardian walking skirt and got it done. As I was tired, I had to really think about what I was doing. But it turned out quite nice. 

The skirt is longer than a historically correct walking skirt of that era. This one was probably designed for walking in the park and having tea afterwards during the warm summer weather.

I love the pleats in the back. They give some fullness but are not exaggerated. Perfect for the top I'm making. The back of the skirt is slightly longer than the front.

I sewed a large white snap on the waistband and it is done. I want to make this skirt once more to go with another top I made in November. Then I will retire the pattern.

As I was hemming the skirt, the tension went on the Juki. After 2 tries, I turned the machine off and on and it worked perfectly. This is not the first time it has happened after I've wound a bobbin. 

Today

I have to launder the bedding and tidy up our bedroom this morning. I want to start the Antheia top and do some puzzle with the Spousal Unit this afternoon. We are having a quiet day after feeling off yesterday. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment