Saturday, April 16, 2022

New Project Started

Yesterday was a grey dreary day that had showers, fog, mist and down right depressing. The high got to 7.3C. Today it is going to be sunny with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

 The Spousal Unit went out and counted the garlic. He thinks there is 35-40 where I think there is 32. He planted 39 last fall and the germination rate is excellent.

While he was outside, I finished cleaning the entry way except the window. The floor and stairs were scrubbed as were the two doors. I did the landing at the top of the stairs also. The closet got a good cleaning and wiping down. The floor was scrubbed. I then washed the floor outside the closet after wiping down the walls. I put away extras that are confusing the Spousal Unit, threw out what we didn't need and put a pair of gloves into the thrift shop box. It looks and feels so much better. 

The Spousal Unit's shingles are healing and are itchy. I've put lots of lotion on them to help. With feeling better comes the delusions of which started yesterday afternoon and lasted all night. We are both tired today due to 4 hours of sleep. He is still having delusions as he is looking at everything and seeing nothing this morning. He isn't angry which is good but he is far from relaxed.

Sewing

The mistake I thought I had made on the bowl cozies was me, once again, reading the ruler wrong. All 8 squares were 10" x 10". I was relieved. I cut out the batting for all the squares and started sewing corner to corner to form an X. Five of the 8 are done. 

Once I've done the X on each square, I will give them a light spray of starch and press well. Then it will be making the darts. A total of 32.

I had a good chuckle as this is as close to cutting out several projects as I can get. I am not fighting it and letting myself enjoy my sewing. 

I found one piece dark purple fairy frost to make piping for daughter. I need to find another piece to make a second batch after I've finished the bowl cozies. 

Knitting

None last night.

Today

All my plans for house cleaning are down the tube as I am exhausted. I hope to have a nap, clean up the bathroom, fold laundry, and rest. I may even get a chance to sew if all goes well. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment