Monday, April 11, 2022

First Daffodils In Bloom

 Yesterday was a wet one. It poured rain several times during the day. The rain gauge says .75" fell. It snowed during the night and is almost all gone this morning. Crazy weather. This morning it was 2C and is suppose to get to 10C.

Lifestyle

When out to go to family's for dinner, I saw the first daffodils of the season in bloom. They are a bright and beautiful. I drove by them slowly both ways as I enjoy looking at them. 

The Spousal Unit is feeling okay when he has Tylenol in him. Let it wear off and he is sore at the blistered area. The medications are working as a patch on his back remains as a rash and no more rashes have come out. The main area has wet blisters which I hope crust soon. That area is the sorest.

Yesterday morning, he slept most of the morning sitting beside me on the couch holding my hand. I did get the bathroom scrubbed when he was awake. I did 2 loads of laundry while he slept. I had a short nap which didn't help. I am exhausted and on high alert. When my body goes into a deep sleep, my mind brings me out of it quickly. 

In the afternoon, he was out with daughter-in-law for a drive. They went down to Gaspreau for a wine pick up and had a drive home through an area they hadn't been before. He really enjoyed that. He spent the afternoon with them visiting and really enjoyed himself. We had dinner with them which was delicious. 

While alone, I went out to get some groceries and in my tiredness I forgot to get apples. We may go for a drive tomorrow to get them. I also cleaned up the kitchen and prepped the meat for today's stew. Once done, I rested and watched a movie on Netflix.

The movie was Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The time period is WW II and shortly after that. Four of the actors were on Downton Abbey which caught my attention. I really enjoyed this movie and I relaxed while watching it. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was exhausted and needed down time. I have decided to make piping, bowl cozies and the Edwardian walking outfit as my next three projects. I have all the fabric and notions to make them in the stash. If I need a spool of cotton thread, my neighbor will pick it up for me. If time allows me to get to the fabric store, I will pick up a piece and start daughter's quilt.

Knitting

No knitting yesterday as it was rest day while I watched the movie. 

Today

I need to do a few things this morning and we can work on the puzzle this afternoon. It all depends on how the Spousal Unit feels. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment