Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Busy Monday

Yesterday was a warmer sunny day. The high got to 12.7C. This morning it is sunny and 5C. We are to have a high of 18C with more clouds coming in during the day. Rain is on its way. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I got quite a bit done upstairs. More housework was done, laundry folded and put away, and the taxes filed. 

The Spousal Unit napped as it was dull in the morning. He woke up grumpy as he was stressed with people coming in the afternoon. I let him talk and finally stopped it by serving him lunch. 

At 1:30 p.m. son arrived for the Continuing Care meeting. It was a good meeting where a lot of paperwork had to be filled out. It was stressful for the Spousal Unit as he had to focus for well over an hour. A couple of things we found out - we are doing a lot for him by taking him for drives, doing puzzles, etc. when things were/are closed due to Covid and we have provided him with a safe and loving environment. We have qualified for 2 x 2 hours a week which is nice. We are being flexible and son is researching a few things for us that need to be done. 

At 4:30 p.m. the cleaning company came and did a walk through. We will be getting the house cleaned every other week. There is no clutter so it will be easy for them to do. It will be nice to know that it will be done and I can do some in between visits. 

We were out to get Elliott more cat food and then after we ate dinner, we went to family's for ice cream cake and a visit. We came home to relax before bed. The Spousal Unit was over tired and we had a restless night. 

Elliott showed us his handsome side last night. He usually puts on his grumpy face when I want a picture. 

Sewing

Grandson's second pair of pants got hemmed yesterday. One leg just before lunch and one leg between visits. That job is done and I'm pleased with it. 

After cutting out the Edwardian walking skirt and Antheia top, I had enough fabric for the 1914 Frock by Keepers Dolly Duds. 

I will probably do white cuffs and collar as I would like to use white lace on it. When sewn up, I will only have 1 meter of bought fabric left. There is a plan for it to be gone in the next month. 

I was told that one of my 2 hour sessions can be used to sew without having to worry about anything. I may just do that at least twice a month. 

Knitting

I didn't do any last night as we were out. 

Today

I am hoping to wash some of the windows on the inside. I have to do the track as they are dirty from the winter. I am going to sew and will have to monitor the Spousal Unit as he will be in and out all day. It is going to be a quieter day for us.

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment