Thursday, April 21, 2022

A Better 24 Hours

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 11.8C. The wind did blow. This morning it is 2C clear and we are to see sunshine and 12C. No wind this morning. This day last year we broke a record with 21.5C. Not this year. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a much better day yesterday. He had a nap before breakfast, one in the morning and then in the afternoon. He was outside several times in the sunshine picking up beer cans, getting our tub out of the ditch, and getting the flyers at the end of the driveway. He enjoyed the sunshine a lot. He slept much better last night though his one spell was very short and it was funny. I am talking to the doctor today about the medication and to see if this is normal. 

I had a nap yesterday and rested off and on as I was verging on exhaustion and tears. It helped a lot. I did some clean up again in the kitchen and that helped my mental outlook. I bagged up the recycling last night and took it all out this morning. One more job on my plate but it isn't a hard one. I have been getting it prepped the night before so taking it out is no big job. 

The housekeepers are booked to come every other week starting Monday. I have a few days to get some clutter cleaned up before they arrive. I will try to keep up between their visits as I do like a clean house. 

Sewing

While the Spousal Unit was outside in the afternoon, I spent some time sewing. I took breaks to check up on where he was. 

I did all the darts on the bowl cozies using my little template. It worked like a charm. All the darts were cut back, pressed and the two pieces were pinned together in two spots. 


I still have to prep the seam where I will turn it under and hand sew it together. Then I can sew them together. They were so much fun to work on. And another Christmas present will be done.

My next plan is to do piping and the doll's outfit. The pot holders can wait until May as I will need an easy project then. 

Knitting

No energy to do any knitting yesterday. 

Today

I want to start our taxes this morning, sew this afternoon, and we are out for dinner tonight. Not a busy day but more than before as I had a decent night's sleep. 

Until the next time........................................................

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are going through so much. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete