Friday, April 15, 2022

Pot Holders Completed

Yesterday was a nice spring day with a high of 12C. We had a light shower last evening and it rained some during the night. This morning it was 6C. It is a wet, dull, and dismal day. 

Lifestyle

We stayed home until after supper yesterday. The Spousal Unit was outside wandering around the yard. He has no energy which is to be expected. The weather this morning has left him tired, depressed, and confused. Though not angry, he is a bit delusional.

The shingles rash has started to improve. It isn't sore or hot when I touch it. I think the worst is over with and hope things go better for him. 

I did get the front entry cleaned yesterday but still need to wipe the doors and wash the window. I'm fighting a bit of depression and had to force myself to do the job. I did get the walls dusted, the steps and floor cleaned.

We listened to part of the weekly covid report. The number of daily cases continues to rise but it is doing that in every other province. We are in the 6th wave. We continue to do as asked by the Chief Medical Officer and are waiting to find out when we can get our 4th dose of the vaccine. 

Sewing

I went down to the sewing room to start prepping projects. I cut out the insulbrite for the potholder and before I knew it, they were done. 

They have been put into the Christmas tub ready to give away this Christmas. I just need to make a gift bags for them, the placemats, and mug rugs. 

I did cut out the bowl cozies and made a mistake. I have to add a strip to each side of 4 squares as they are 1/2" too narrow. That I will fix today and cut out the batting for them. 

I need to cut fabric for piping for daughter. I am thinking 2 pieces. I also want to cut out the next doll's pattern and get it ready to sew. I don't want any more than 3 projects ahead at a time as I'm usually a one project person. Too many projects cut out makes me feel stressed and has for years.

Knitting

None done as we were out to family last night for cake. It is the first Thursday they've been home for a long time. We celebrated that. 

Today

The goal is to finish the entry way and start cleaning the small area at the top of the stairs. It may take a couple of days as I want to clean out the closet also. I would like to finish prepping the bowl cozies, and do some puzzle. We are out for dinner tonight at family's house. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment