Sunday, May 01, 2022

Edwardian Outfit Almost Done

 Yesterday was grey, cool, and dreary. The high got to 5.1C. Late in the afternoon, the sun did shine which was nice. This morning it is 2C. We could see some sun if we are lucky. The high is to be 7C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we went for a drive to get apples. We stopped at Walmart to return an item and get two or three things. I took the Spousal Unit in with me. After that, we went to get apples and he refused to come in. I got what we needed and we headed home. 

The rest of the day was not horrid but not good. The Spousal Unit was delusional and at a stage where he could push my buttons. And he did. There were periods of calm. We had another night where sleep was interrupted. Three out of 4 nights is hard on me. I'm exhausted and have lots to do today. I will be in survival mode for the day. 

Sewing

I did sew in the afternoon as I can handle the delusional conversations better than sitting doing nothing. I got the Antheia top done to the closures. I had to stop as my left hand was cramping up terribly. 

I am hoping to find clear or blue flower shaped buttons to sew onto the front. I will add snaps underneath to close the top. The beading on the lace will not happen as I did sew the lace into the pleats. 

The back of the outfit is exactly how I hoped it would turn out. The pleats in the skirt hold the pleats in the top in place. 

I'm glad that I followed through with the idea I had for this outfit. It is demure but effective. 

Next up will be piping and then the 1914 Frock. After they are done, I need to sew what is on my list.

Knitting

I got about 8 rounds knit on the socks yesterday. It was good to have the needles in my hands once again. I had to stop as my hands continued to cramp up after 8 rounds.

Today

Though I will be in survival mode today, I need to clean the bathroom, do some shopping if I can, and get the closures done on the Edwardian outfit. If I'm not too exhausted, I'd like to knit several rounds on the socks. If not, I will try to rest. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment