Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Tiny Pleated Trim

Yesterday started out sunny which became cloudy by noon. We had snow flurries most of the afternoon. It must have rained during the night. The high got to 3.5C. This morning it is -4C and we are to see sunshine and a high of 7C. 

Lifestyle

I made a big pot of pea and ham soup yesterday. It had big pieces of smoked ham in it and tasted yummy. I have one more ham bone to cook but will have to buy ham for the soup. 

I had got 2 more of the fabric tubs for the cube in the family room and I got them made and items in them. Now to decide if I want to do get one more or try for a container for the office supplies. I'd like a container so we can see items and get them out easily. 

There were 5 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are related to previous cases and are self isolating. 

Sewing

I have one half of the sewing room cleaned right down to washing the floor on my hands and knees. It looks nice though the cutting table has projects piled on it. I also took out one bin of yarn and tidied it up. I threw some tiny balls of yarn into the trash. I don't have a lot of this weight (sock yarn) but plan on knitting it down to nothing. 

As I sat for a few minutes and rested, I looked at what I've done and have decided I need to buy a filing cabinet (Ikea) and, eventually, a dresser. I am hoping that the stash shelving unit will be gone in 2022 as the stash has decreased that much. The focus will be on getting the craft/quilting cottons sewn down to almost nothing this year.

In the afternoon, I sewed on the test pattern. I decided to make the tiny pleats on the sleeves. I turned my brain around 6 times and finally got them done correctly. I had to cut a longer piece of fabric - 18" long but can cut off the excess. 

I did some seam sewing and serging and finally pinned it on the model. 

This pattern fits perfectly due to the darts in the front and back. There is a dart in the center back that allows the bottom part of the bodice to pouf out some for the bustle. 

The pleated piece is on the sleeve and is ready for me to cut out the white trim. 

And lastly, the curved seams (along with the back darts and side pleats) has the bottom of the bodice poufing out some. 

So far I am very pleased with this outfit. I'm not sure if I will make it again but if I do, I know this pattern is a winner. 

Knitting

I ripped out the sweater and called it a day on the pattern. As I missed the test deadline I don't have to knit it. It really isn't one of my favorite patterns. I didn't start a new project as I am waiting for a test pattern. I will get out the Daisy stitch sweater and knit on it while I wait. 

Today

More cleaning in the sewing room. I am thinking of doing the book case and the wool bins. I will be thinking about what I can get rid of and what I will keep in those two areas. I will continue sewing on the doll's outfit and knit tonight. Another day at home to stay safe. 

Until the next time...............................................


No comments:

Post a Comment