Monday, March 29, 2021

More Done On The Test Pattern

 Yesterday was a grey day with a high of 6.5C. We saw a snow flurry that lasted about 5 minutes and by 9 p.m. we had a bit of rain. The wind blew last night and it rained a lot. The system brought warm weather and it was 11C at 6 a.m. We are to have rain and a high of 12C today. 

Lifestyle

No housework was done yesterday as I started doing our taxes. Mine is done and the Spousal Unit's is partially done. I seem to take forever to do them hence why I start a month early. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. The numbers remain low which is nice. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room doing the sleeves on the test pattern. 

The sleeves are cute and very labor intensive. I wish they had a bit more gathering in them. 

I'd put the gathers closer to the top of the sleeve cap if I make it again.

I fiddled with the collar and got it to my liking. It looks closer to the picture on the pattern. 

I will still tack the collar down with pearls so it stays in place. 

With hopes of finishing this pattern in the next 2 days, I looked at what I had done this month. A lot more than I had anticipated when I wrote the list. Not only did I sew but I worked on the doll's couture course and finished an embroidered wall hanging for the downstairs bathroom. I have started the list for April and, with a new machine arriving, I hope to use it for a lot of the projects I have planned. 

Knitting

I knit on the sleeves and unknit some rows as I hated the look of one row. I fixed it up and moved on. I have to read the pattern as there are increases which I could miss. So far I am pleased with this pattern as it is well written and fairly easy to follow. The down side is it is a yarn hog. I've knit 50 grams of yarn and am on the 2nd ball now. 

Today

We are off to New Minas today so the Spousal Unit can get his vaccine. When home, I will sew on the test pattern and tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment