Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sewing Room Is Clean

 Yesterday was the day of weather. There were snow showers with sunshine and blue skies between the showers in the morning. The wind blew all day and the high got to 4C and this morning it is -6C. We have had snow showers already this morning. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the head on the heat pump yesterday. I washed the filters which were quite dusty. I also wiped the metal core, vanes, and inside the machine with disinfectant wipes to make sure all the dust was removed and any mold that could have been in it was killed. I put it back together and was done in 30 minutes. 

I lost 1.3 lbs this week. Most of it was fluid and a bit was weight loss. I am down 21.8 lbs. I am feeling much better and am able to do more each day. Just the ability to do more each day is keeping me motivated.

There were 5 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Only 1 is under investigation. We talked yesterday about how we have accepted the new normal of masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing and if we can ever go back to the old normal. 

Sewing

I cleaned off the cutting table yesterday morning and took pictures of the room. I have to put the embroidery arm back into its case and stand it up against the wall.

The Spousal Unit sits in the easy chair each day and we visit while I sew. I do like this set up as it includes him in the room.

The cutting table is cleaned off with only one project on it. The containers under it hold projects that I have made and there is a tub behind the box that has daughter's next shipment in it. Behind the table and in a nook is my work area. I need a filing cabinet and another peg board in there.

The stash shelving unit is always covered as it is next to a window. This is the unit that will go when the stash has been sewn down enough to go into a dresser. The closet has the doll's stash, trims, notions, and embroidery thread. Every time I open the doors, I am reminded that I do not need to buy any more for the dolls.

The ironing area. I move the ironing board from being perpendicular from the wall to against the wall. So far it is working for me.

After sewing yesterday, I spent some time cleaning up the room which took about 10 minutes. It was nice to leave the sewing room neat and tidy.

The test pattern is done but I don't have ribbon for the sleeves or the front. I dug through the ribbon stash and nothing.

I am not happy with the ribbon on the bustle. I will redo it later on. I think the ribbon is too wide. I will get narrower ribbon and try it to see if I like it better.

I have decided not to make the pleated skirt at this time. I may come back and make the skirt when I have more time but I need to be ready to make the next bustle. 

Knitting

I did a lot of knitting on the sweater last night. The shoulder seams are ready to sew together so the collar can by knit. I am happy with this sweater and will make a simple skirt or pants to go with it. 

While finishing up the last bit of cleaning in the sewing room, I wound the last 3 skeins of yarn in the house. I happily put the swift and winder away knowing the job was done. 

Today

I am not doing any cleaning today. I plan on working on the puzzle, hang a few pictures, rest, and knit. If I go into the sewing room, I will pin the pattern pieces onto the fabric for my knitting bag. This is a day off from the rigors of house cleaning.

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment