Monday, March 15, 2021

A Day to Rest

 Yesterday was the start of our cold weather. There were snow showers in the morning, sun in the afternoon. The high got to -1.5C. This morning it is -10C, a snow shower went through, and the wind is blowing. The high is to be -9C. 

Lifestyle

It was rest day yesterday. I did not clean much of anything and did what I wanted to do. I worked on the puzzle in the morning and later in the afternoon. About 40 pieces were put in filling in more at the top. 

I tried what they call stripping your laundry. It is soaking your laundry in the bathtub with powdered detergent, borax, and washing soda (I used Oxiclean). I let the mixture sit until the hot water had cooled swishing the towels around every 40 minutes. The water was brown but not as dirty as I thought it would be. That means our towels are not as dirty as we only use them once and then they are laundered. It also showed me I can do this in our front end washer using hot water, the powdered cleaners, and a long washing cycle. 

After lunch I hung the pictures I made a year or so ago in the downstairs bathroom. It adds another cheery element to the bathroom.

The goal is to do a bit each day in this bathroom until it is done. 

I also spent some time in the sewing room and tried to lay out a pattern. I have to redo it today. 

We were out for ice cream with family last night and when we got home, I sewed one seam of the test sweater together. 

I really enjoyed a day to relax and not worry about cleaning or sewing. I needed it both mentally and physically.

Today, the upstairs bathroom will be cleaned and I will put another patch coat on the downstairs bathroom wall. I need to pin the pattern onto the fabric for my knitting basket and knit tonight. It is back to getting the spring cleaning done. I'm ready to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment