Friday, March 12, 2021

Outside Job On A Nice Day

 Though the sun didn't shine a lot, it was a very warm day. The high got to 15.3C, a record temperature for here. This morning, it is cloudy windy and 9C. We are to have another warm day before it cools off again. 

Lifestyle

With the warm weather and the front of the house out of the wind, we took down the Christmas lights. I climbed up and down the ladder and the Spousal Unit put the strings of lights into the bin. On the last trip down the ladder I missed the last rung or two and came to a jarring halt on the front porch. My back and sorer knee hurt horridly. I hobbled around to finish up the job and then rested. It is nice to have them put away until November. 

There were no cases of the virus reported yesterday. I'm trying to keep up with the vaccine schedule. I hope I'm succeeding as I do want both of us to get it on schedule. 

Sewing

I continued to clean the sewing room in the morning. I pulled out the yarn cube and the bookcase and washed the floor in that area. I then cleaned the cube the dolls are on and washed the window ledge and floor there. When I was washing the floor I hit the doll's cube and one of the dolls took a dive into the scrub water. I grabbed her very quickly so her face didn't get wet. I ran to the bathroom, rinsed her hair off, then washed and conditioned it. The hair brushed out beautifully and it is air drying. The poor soul. 

I did finish up the area I was working on and have only the area the sewing machine cabinet and iron are in to do. I'm nearing the end of cleaning the room. 

The top of the test outfit got the hem rolled and hand sewn. I used a fine variegated silk thead and a tiny needle to do the job. It took a bit of time but looks perfect. I also marked the button/snap placement and called it a day. 

Knitting

I cast on the next test sweater with new yarn that I bought. It is a wool nylon blend and very easy to knit. I got 18-20 rows knit and the pattern is fairly easy to follow. You have to watch for buttonholes and cable rows. 

I will sew something to go with it and bag it up as an outfit. Though a cute pattern it isn't one I'd keep. 

Today

The hope is to finish cleaning the sewing room. I did start cleaning up the sewing machine cabinet yesterday but didn't get a huge amount done. I am hoping to work on the outfit and see how far I can get in the afternoon. Knitting tonight on the sweater. Another stay at home day. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment