Saturday, March 13, 2021

Sewing Room Is Clean

 Yesterday was very windy but the sun did shine and it got to 14.2C. Two days in a row we broke the previous high temperature. Today we will be no where near that as it is suppose to get to 1C with flurries. It is 1C right now and there is a wind. 

Lifestyle

I am slowly getting over the arthritis pain I had for 5 days. The fluid around the joints is almost gone (1.3 lbs lost in 24 hours) and the only area that is sore is my back. Even that pain is 60% less. I'm hoping my energy will come back so I can keep on cleaning the house. 

We both had a fairly good day yesterday. We laughed and joked throughout the day and it keep us feeling happier. We also sat and talked more to each other. I also popped over to the puzzle table several times and helped out with the puzzle. 

Elliott was entertaining last night. He slept in the most unusual position for him not once but twice yesterday. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday which is close to the first anniversary of the first virus being report in Nova Scotia. There are 17 active cases in the province with one person in the hospital but not in ICU. 

Sewing

The sewing room is cleaned and I am happy. I did the last part yesterday. The sewing cabinet got a good cleaning as did the ironing board. The floors got washed and it was a hard job due to me being so sore. Getting up and down was the hardest part. 

When done, the Spousal Unit came in to visit. He said it looked brand new as it was so clean. That made me feel so good and it made it worth all the hard work and the many buckets of dirty water. The cutting table is messy but it will get cleaned off. I have projects on it that I want to sew but I'm going to figure out a way to deal with them so they are easily available but not on the table 

I spent 90 minutes sewing on 6 snaps and 6 buttons. I waxed all the thread so it wouldn't break and learned a new trick when I found this video clip. The snaps sit firmly on the fabric which I love. 

I started on the bustle. It shouldn't take that long to sew as it isn't lined. Another bustle pattern is almost ready for us to test and then I'm taking time off from sewing doll clothes. 

Laura's hair dried beautifully and is very silky. I'm happy with the products I used. 

Knitting

I knit on the sweater last night and the right back is done. I'm part way up the front so am expecting to get it done tonight and then start on the left back. 

I still have 3 hanks of yarn to wind into cakes before I can put the swift and cake winder away. 

Today

I'm moving upstairs to start cleaning. The heat pump head will be the first project so the dust can be reduced. I want to wind the last three skeins of yarn so I can clean up that, sew on the bustle, and knit tonight. If I get more cleaning done, it will be a bonus. 

Until the next time.........................................................

 


No comments:

Post a Comment