Friday, March 05, 2021

Decision Making Day

 Though the sun shone beautifully yesterday, it was cold and windy. By afternoon we were sick of day 3 of the wind. The high got to 1C. This morning it is -8C and we could see -5C. Brrr. And it could be windy.

Lifestyle

Yesterday we went for a drive. We stopped briefly to get some picture hangers and then on to get apples. I was worried about the wind pushing the car around but only had one gust hit the car hard. Though a fast trip, it was nice to get out of the house and off the property. 

I finished the daisy wall hanging and hung it in the downstairs bathroom. I quite like it. 

The picture on the counter will go into either my sewing room or the guest room. I cross stitched that picture over 20 years ago. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Five people are in hospital which is sad. The premier has stated that restrictions into the city will be lifted today. Just over 6500 people were tested in one day with 20000 people being tested in 3 days. It has helped with the decision to lift the restrictions. 

Sewing

I didn't do any cleaning in the sewing room but did look at the fabric on the shelving unit. Three pieces of fabric yelled at me to make them into a knitting bag. I will be doing that. 

I dug into the scrap pile and cut out a bunch of 3" squares for samples. While ironing the squares my iron leaked dirty water onto the fabric. Only three squares were ruined. I'm looking at a new iron if this one keeps on leaking like this. I did clean it and found some calcium scale in the cup that collects it but it shouldn't have done the dirty water as I cleaned it less than a month ago. 

I worked on samples yesterday. Seam finishes was yesterday's exercise. First up was French seams.

You have to add on to the seams of the patterns if you are doing French seams. For tiny French seams, 1/8" is all that is needed.

I also did the Hong Kong seam finish. It is another one I like to use. I love the tiny finish on the left side. 

I did cut the stripe on the bias and it shows straight as the strip is printed on the bias. I have two types of flat felled seams and hems to do and then it's on to closures. 

Knitting

All three pieces of the test pattern is done. I have to steam the sweater and put on buttons. Then it's photo time. 

Today

I am going to deal with the quilting cottons and organize them. Scraps will be put into a container for sewing samples so I don't have to cut into good fabric. I also plan on sorting the doll clothes and donating a bunch to a lady for her granddaughter. I'm not sure what I am knitting tonight but I will look at yarn and make a decision. It's one of those decision making days. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment