Monday, March 01, 2021

Family Room Cleaned

 Yesterday was quite a nice day. The sun shone and the high go to 5.5C. The wind did calm down during the day. This morning it is -2C, up from -3C during the night. It is suppose to snow/rain today. 

Lifestyle

As the sun shone a lot and it was warm, the Spousal Unit was out on the back deck several times to absorb the sun rays. He was loving it. 

I headed down to the family room and finished cleaning it. It didn't take as long as I had thought. When the floor had dried, we lined up our pictures on the ledge to look at. 

As we unpacked the pictures, we got rid of 2 bags of paper. I found items that I had forgotten about or had wondered about. Fabric, blankets, and an afghan crocheted by my mom. Two pictures are still in a box as they are for upstairs. Two or three of the ones on the ledge come upstairs also. It was exciting to look at our pictures in a clean family room.

There are still some pictures in a tub. I am going through them and pulling out the ones we want to hang, taking pictures out of some frames and putting the frames into the thrift shop box, and getting rid of a few. We have not had a place for these pictures since leaving Ashcroft and I refuse to have them lined up where Elliott can knock them off onto the floor. The aim is to have minimal items out so we can enjoy what we have out. 

There were 3 new cases of the virus reported yesterday, one in each of 3 different zones. On Saturday there was a record number of people tested for the virus; 4839. We have been so isolated from others that we haven't gone for a 2nd test. 

Sewing

No cleaning was done yesterday morning but that was okay. I did sew in the afternoon. I put the lining into the bodice using Luminaria's instructions. Instead of leaving 1/4" unsewn at each end of the sleeve, I left 1/2". I had plenty of space to sew up the lining side seams and will have to put in a couple of hand stitches under the arm. But, the results were great and I stopped for the day. 

I have the hand stitching left to do under the arm and the cuffs on the sleeves and then I can sew up the center back seams, press well. Then it is on to the skirt. 

Knitting

I worked on the first sleeve of the test pattern and am knitting 24 rows plain before I do the cuff in seed stitch. 

I did proper photos of the last sweater I knit. It looks perfect on Peggy. She chose colored jeans and a t-shirt to go with it. 


I love this sweater and will be making it again. 

Today

The sewing room will be cleaned/purged. I have the area I'm going to work on picked out and I will sit on the floor until it is done and then move to the closet. In the afternoon I will be sewing on the dress and knitting tonight. I may even sneak in a half an hour on the puzzle. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment