Sunday, March 07, 2021

A Busy Day

 Yesterday was a sunny day with a high of -2C. This morning it is -8C with a bit of wind and the sun is coming up. We hope we have a lovely sunny day. The high is to get to -1C. 

Lifestyle

As I was tired yesterday, I had a quick nap after lunch. We were out to family's for a delicious dinner last night. We played a game which grandson won. It was a wonderful afternoon and evening. 

I got weighed this morning and I'm down .4 lb this week with a total of 20.5 lbs since starting. I'm happy I had a small loss this week as my body needs time to catch up. 

There were 6 cases of the virus reported yesterday. They were either related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada or a close contact of another case. The number of tests done was about 4500. 

Sewing

I worked on the cutting table yesterday. Fabric was pressed and stacked. Some was put away. Patterns that have been on the table for months were put into folders and put into the small file folder holder I have. In all, the table looks good. I have project fabric on it along with some doll fabric I want to sew up in the future. 

I also sewed the belt for the Civil War Day Dress. I put on an elastic slider as a belt buckle. I also found an Etsy shop that sells what I want. I love rhinestone buckles on doll's dresses. 

With that area tidied up, I will be able to start a test pattern today. A lot of work but I will be persistent about doing 2-3 hours a day. 

I am not doing the pleated skirt this time. There is a plain skirt which I will sew as my fabric is floral. I will do the pleated skirt when I find the correct stripe fabric. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was too tired. 

Today

I have to do the budget and pay bills this morning. If enough time, I will finish cleaning up the floor around the cutting table. This afternoon, I want to pin the pattern onto the fabric and start cutting it out. Then it will be puzzle and TV time with the Spousal Unit. Tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment