Saturday, March 20, 2021

A Spring Snow Storm

 Yesterday morning we woke to blizzard like conditions. About 3" of snow fell and it was all over with by noon. The wind did blow until later in the afternoon. The high got to 0.4C. This morning it is -9C and we are to see 7C by this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

The storm was something to behold. Something to usher in spring we laughed about. 

Or was it to keep us waiting for spring. 

In a couple of days it will be gone as we are to have warm and sunny weather. 

Our neighbor was over and cleaned out the driveway with his snowblower. The Spousal Unit did a bit of scraping and by late afternoon the driveway as almost cleared of ice. 

The two closets and the dresser got cleaned yesterday. I purged items into both the thrift shop boxes and the trash bin. Everything got a good cleaning and organizing. The heavy feather duvets we have are on the top shelves along with the pillows the Hutterites made for me. The winter clothes are in one closet and the rest in the other closet. Both are very empty. At least I know what we have in them. The dresser was tidied up. It took me most of the morning to get it done. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. The restrictions in place in the Halifax region were lifted this morning and the restrictions are the same throughout the province. 

Sewing

I worked on the knitting bag yesterday. All the pockets have been sewn on. One side had a lot of lines to be drawn and sewn down. Times two as the inside is the same. But, all looks good and I'm ready to start sewing the bag together. 

With the closet cleaned up, I have a good idea of what I need to sew for myself come fall. I have all the fabric and most of the notions and patterns. I'm going fairly casual. 

Knitting

I have one sleeve sewn in to the sweater and the other one started. It got to dark to see what to do so I stopped. Navy and black are the two hardest colors for me to knit and sew, espcially sew when it is dark. 

Today

I have to make a batch of buns as a thank you for our neighbor for cleaning our driveway. While waiting for them to proof and cook, I will clean the laundry closet. If not too tired I will sew this afternoon and if not, I will finish the sweater and rest and start knitting on the daisy stitch sweater tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment