Monday, March 08, 2021

Test Pattern Started

Yesterday was another sunny day. The high got to -2C and there was some wind. Not a lot but some. This morning it is -11C and the sun is going to shine. It is suppose to get to 1C. 

Lifestyle

After getting the budget completed with no issues and all the bills paid, I worked on the puzzle for an hour. I got about 25 pieces put into the sky area. I did put 2 or 3 more in after lunch. 

I moved a few items downstairs into the cube so we can have a bit of an office center. I need to get get that area finished up. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Travel and close contact. It is good to see the numbers are staying low as people wait for their vaccination. 

Sewing

I did not get any cleaning done yesterday. It was a day to do a few other things. 

I have been doing Pinterest and found two patterns to make everyday placemats. Night Owl makes her from 6 fat quarters and they are delightful. She even made a table runner from the left over pieces. Quilt Social's placemats are made using batiks and the disappearing nine patch method. 

I had said I wasn't going to quilt but really, I am as I want to make place mats for us. The first ones will be from Christmas fabric (cardinals). I need to start working on them a bit each month after I make the bowl cozies. The others will come after I finish the Christmas sewing. 

I cut out the test pattern skirt yesterday. It was an easy sew with no pleating. I may do the skirt with one row of pleating when the outfit is made. I want to see how the fabric looks pleated. 

The back opening has a curved piece in it and I did a Hong Kong finish on it. I used scraps from the trash (older shirting fabric) and did a 1/8" covering. I am finding I can stretch the bias strip to make it fit the curve better. 

This skirt just needs the waistband hand sewn down, the back seam sewn up and hemmed. 

Knitting

I am working on the sweater and it seems as if one of the increase holes is in the wrong place. I'm not sure as I followed the instructions and thought it through. I'm thinking it is a bit of an optical illusion. 

Today

I have to get groceries and a few items for the doll's outfit. I want to be in and out in a hurry today. My biggest hunt is for 2" wide ribbon. Once home, I have to finish the doll's skirt and I want to knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment