Friday, March 19, 2021

Progress On The Knitting Bag

 Yesterday was cloudy, damp, but warm. The high got to 7.4C. It started to rain harder in the evening and rained during the first part of the night. This morning it is -4C, the north wind is blowing giving us a windchill of -10C and it is snowing. Reminds one of a spring blizzard but not quite as much snow (4-6"). It is to be cold (-9C) today and start warming up tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

The bathroom is bleached and scrubbed. The linen closet got a good cleaning with a box emptied and tossed and a pair of pillow cases going to the thrift shop. It is good to have that room cleaned. All that is left is to wash the window as I bleached it to get rid of the mold. 

The Spousal Unit had a spell of depression yesterday. He was tired and feeling negative. I got him to go outside and then have a drink of water. He had a short nap, went outside again for a bit longer and put a coat of mud on the bathroom wall. By the time that was done, he was in a better mood. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are in the central health zone. There was also one death reported, the first since Aug. 23, 2020. That was very sad to read. 

Sewing

I was across the street to visit our neighbor before lunch. She is a quilter and that was the topic of discussion. She is excited I'm getting into it again though I will never be on the same level as her. We talked about ruler quilting, practicing, and machines. 

In the afternoon, I worked on the knitting bag. All the interfacing is on the pieces that required it. I then turned my attention to the pockets and chose to do the bag end pieces (4 of them). 

I got out the grey glide thread and when I started stitching, the match was perfect. You can barely see the stitches. 

When the 4 end pockets were attached, I called it a day. I am taking my time on this project as I'm using the walking foot and am doing a lot of marking. 

Knitting

The second sleeve is done and I'm ready to sew them into the sweater. It got dark and I don't do well sewing navy yarn with just a light. I'll try this afternoon if the sun is shining. 

Today

The goal this morning is to purge the two closets in our bedroom and wash them down. There are items to move, 3 heavy feather duvets to put up on top shelves, and some items to put into the trash or thrift shop boxes. This afternoon, I want to do the pockets on the side pieces and then work on sewing the sleeves into the sweater. A day at home not by choice but by the weather.

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment