Sunday, March 28, 2021

A New Test Pattern

 After having record breaking high temperatures for 4 days in a row, yesterday upset the cart with wind, snow flurries, and cooler temperatures. There was one spectacular thunderstorm on Friday night, the best we've seen since moving here.  The high yesterday was 2.3C and this morning it is -2C.

Lifestyle

With the winds gusting up to 80 km yesterday, we had a very short power outage around 10 a.m. We were luckier than 9000 households who had power outages a lot longer than that. Most were due to the wind and the lightening. 

I'm now cleaning the kitchen. Every cupboard is being emptied, scrubbed, and only what is wanted put back in. The easiest part is done and from now on more will be purged as I clean. I am enjoying the process as it making me feel so much better mentally. 

On Friday afternoon, I spent a good amount of time on the phone to get the Spousal Unit an appointment for his first vaccine shot. No success but I got him one for Monday morning via the online booking site. His 2nd shot is already booked for July 12. I now wait to book my appointment. Probably in the next week to 10 days.

I lost 2.2 lbs this week for a total of 25.4 lbs. That is 10% of my body weight gone. I have more energy and a better mental outlook. I realized this week that I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I'm not feeling I have to keep up with anyone. I'm focused on me and the results are showing. 

We continue to have a few cases (up to 5) reported daily. Most are close contact with another case or travel outside the region. 

Sewing

One of the patterns I wanted to test came up and I started it. It hasn't been without its problems. One has to guess at times as dots are missing. I had an issue with the collar as I got the front centered too perfectly. I will have to play around and tack the collar in place along with the tie. I'm going to put purl beads as a pin on the tie. 

I noticed that the designers collar isn't perfect wither and somewhat smaller than mine. 

I am enjoying watching quilting videos but have realized that I need to slow down my thought process and focus on learning about my new sewing machine first. I will have a book out to write things down as I sew different projects on it.  I am going to start out with something simple like a pot holder. 

Knitting

I am still working on the daisy stitch sweater. I now have the collar completed and am ready to start on the sleeves. Once they are done, I will block the sweater, and prepare it for the bands. 

If there are no test patterns when I finish the daisy stitch sweater, I'm going back to knit the sweater set with the curly scarf. I love the pattern and it is an easy knit. 

Today

I am thinking I will do our taxes and some sewing on the dress. I'll knit this evening.

Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment