Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Test Pattern Bodice is Done

 Yesterday was wet, windy, and it cooled off all day. The wind was howling last night but it was done and over with at midnight. This morning it is clear and -2C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 8C. 

Lifestyle

Housework was put on hold as we had to leave mid morning for the Spousal Unit to get his first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. We went early to get some lunch to eat when we got out of the clinic. All went well and we were home by 12:30. By mid afternoon we were both tired from the weather and worry of the day. 

I am thinking about how I am going to purge the rest of the house and my plan is coming together quite well. What is done looks great and I want the rest to look just as good. I am wanting minimal amount of stuff around so the house will be easy to clean and keep organized. 

There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. That was good news. 

Sewing

I worked on the test pattern in the afternoon. I got the bodice done to the button loops and buttons on the cuffs. The finicky sewing is done. 

Kit is happy to model it for me. It fits a bit loose in the waist but that may disappear when the skirt is added.

My new sewing machine is in New Brunswick this morning and I may see it on Thursday. I've been watching videos on setting up/decluttering/purging your sewing room and on beginning quilting. I will add links to a Quilting tab. I'm looking forward to doing a bit of quilting each month. I have to remember to balance my sewing between quilting, crafting, and garments. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I had no energy or brain power to deal with yarn, needles, and pattern. 

Today

As it is my birthday, I get to do what ever I want to do. I am going to sew for sure. Maybe most of the day. We are bringing in supper so I don't have to worry about that. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment