Monday, February 15, 2021

Test Pattern Blouse Done

It has been cold. Especially at night. The days look better because the sun shines. The wind has died down some and it is -5C this morning, the warmest it has been for several days. We have a storm (snow and freezing rain) coming in tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I've been cleaning the house, cooking, and we had our grandson over on Saturday night. Yesterday daughter-in-law and I went shopping for groceries in Bedford and that was fun. 

I did some genealogy on Friday. I chose my great aunt by marriage and looked for information on her siblings. It was very informative and I surfaced at noon. I probably won't do this again for a couple of months but it certainly is an interesting time when I do. 

The virus counts have been low with 1-2 cases a day. We continue to be vigilant when we go out. 

Sewing

I finished the blouse yesterday. It was difficult but not difficult. The pattern is similar to the last 2 dresses I made so I understood the process. The problem was my machine hating to do fancy stitching and then not wanting to make buttonholes. 

All the buttons were sewn on as we watched Finding Your Roots on TV. We record it to watch on Sunday afternoons. 

I've had issues with my iron leaking. With some research I figured out that I have to turn off the iron and empty it at the end of each day. When I go to use it, I need to heat it up and put in the water. A pain but it is working really well now. 

Knitting

I have started another test pattern. It is a shawl collar sweater and nice to knit. I have the body done and just started on the sleeves. The shawl collar will be interesting as there are many stitches to pick up and knit on it. 

I have a second pattern in the line up to knit. I am not sure what yarn I will use but I will be looking for yarn in the stash for it. It is knit on finer yarn and smaller needles. 

Today

Some housework, cutting out the skirt pattern for the test pattern, out for dinner, and some knitting. It is Nova Scotia Heritage Day and most businesses are closed. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment