Thursday, February 04, 2021

A Warm and Sunny Day

 If Tuesday was an inside day, Wednesday was an outside day. The high got to 12.8C, which broke a record. The sun shone, the sky was blue, and the wind was a bit cold. This morning it is 0C. There was a chance of freezing drizzle and the roads have been salted already. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the bedroom yesterday and couldn't believe how much dust collected in there in a week. It is done and I am happy. I need to kick the housework up a notch again though. 

The Spousal Unit went out and shoveled the gravel off the end of our driveway yesterday morning and by late afternoon it was dry. Most of the snow is gone and you'd never know we had the storm on Tuesday. We spent time on the deck yesterday enjoying the sunshine and warmth. I even had the back door open. 

I helped with the puzzle yesterday and got a couple of big hunks put in. We were spending too much time looking in the wrong place and I focused on another spot and they fell into place. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday. It was also reported that people 80+ will be getting the vaccine in Nova Scotia shortly. That was great news to hear. 

Sewing

It was a busy day in the sewing room. First the iron leaked (once again) and left a brown stain on the white fabric. I did lay out the pattern on said fabric and threw the stained bit in the garbage. 

I checked the dress to see if I needed to do any serging using the navy thread and then changed the thread to white. I hand sewed the outer sleeves into the bodice and started work on the inner sleeves. Without any problems, I got the placket in. I had to hand sew them down they are so tiny. 


At this point, it was time to start dinner. 

Knitting

I finished the first sleeve. I got the pattern repetition and finished it in record time. The second sleeve was started and about 9 rows were knit. 

I got buttons for the hat and I am happy with my choice. 

I have 3 to sew on which will be done shortly. 

Today

Housework today is laundry, clean the bathroom and hall. I want to put in the under sleeves on the bodice, sew up the side seams and add the cuff. Tonight will be knitting. We do have to be out today for a bit so sewing will be a shorter length of time. 

Until the next time..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment