Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Dug Out After The Storm

 Yesterday was cool and it snowed until almost noon. The sun shone and the wind blew bringing in the cold front. It was -11C at 6 a.m. with a wind chill of -17C. It will be sunny today and cold. 

Lifestyle

It was dig out day yesterday. The Spousal Unit cleaned off over half of the deck and a good third of the driveway. The neighbors finished it for him as he was tired. 

We have the best neighbours. They had about 4 feet of snow to blow off the end of their driveway as did everyone on that side of the street.


I stayed inside and made our neighbors fresh baked buns as a thank you for being the best. I also did some housework that needed doing. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday. Travel outside the region. With restrictions being lifted, we are being asked to not become complacent but to keep up the good work we've been doing. 

Sewing

I spent 3 hours working on the dress to get it completed. My fix job was on the wrong side so I had to redo it. When I sewed the last button on I was thrilled to have the dress done. 


The back looks great now and I'm happy it is done. 


I am thinking about next month's dress already and it will be in the 1850's again if I can get the lace I want. But in the mean time, I have a pleather skirt and jeans to make for the dolls and the rest of the items on my list. 

Knitting

I got a picture of Julie in the sweater I knit. 

The hat is almost complete - 12 decreasing rows left to go and a pom pom. I will have a few days to knit on something else before the next pattern arrives. Looking forward to that as the designer has been laid up for months. 

Today

I'm off to the hospital for blood work this morning. I would like to make another batch of fresh buns and more housework. The sewing room will be tidied and a couple of masks made. I want to finish the hat tonight. A busier day for us. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment