Friday, February 26, 2021

More Cleaning, More Sewing

 Yesterday started out warm at 5.8C and the temperature dropped all day until it got to -7.5C (probably midnight). This morning it is -10C. The wind has been blowing since early yesterday making it colder than it is. We are to get to -5C today. 

Lifestyle

I worked once again in the family room. I did a thorough job of cleaning the coffee table inside and out. The chairs were wiped clean and the floor scrubbed. The ledge was also scrubbed. I was tired when I finished. But, I am happy with the results. 

I have since let the blind down on the window. I have the narrower area where puzzles are done left to clean. I bit more to do in there and it could take 2 days. Thankfully the weather is going to warm up so I can wash the windows sometime next week. 

I worked off an on the puzzle in the morning and between us we got more pieces put in. We may get it done by May. 

There were 8 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 5 were related to other cases but 3 are under investigation. There is the fear of community spread as the list of exposure spots is growing. 

Sewing

I worked on the lining of the dress and used the new to me method. One sleeve was a fail as I did it wrong and the other one is fine. Sewing up the side seams of the outer fabric was fine but the lining was hard. The process is a thumbs down for me. 👎 I will try again to see if I can get it right as I've really thought on the process. I did finish up the bodice. The dolls won't mind my mistake. 

The neckline seems to be higher than I like which is maybe why I never made this pattern after showcasing it at the store 4 years ago. 

I spent a bit of time cleaning my desk off. A few things went into the trash and a few things got organized for pattern designing. I need to remove everything off the desk and wipe it down. Then it will be neat and clean for working at. Next putter area to clean is the other desk in that corner. I need to deal with patterns I have put in that area also.

Knitting

I finished the beret and it seems to small. Maybe it will fit Nellie as she and Kit have the smoothest hair. The rest have too much hair. I'm going to have to remember to knit the hat band on a size larger needle than I used and then return to the size I used. A note in my book on that. 

I also started the next test pattern and have it joined to do the body. It went quickly, much to my surprise. This pattern has a hat and a scarf which is nice. 

Today

Though cold, I am going to Bedford to shop. Three stores and home. I may do some work in the sewing room this afternoon and knit tonight. A day off from cleaning the family room. 

Until the next time............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment