Thursday, February 11, 2021

Mask Making Success and Failure

 Yesterday was another cold day. They say it was -15.8C yesterday morning and the high got to -5C. The sun shone and the world sparkled. This morning it is -11C and we are to see sunshine and -5C. 

Lifestyle

I did some housework yesterday and then played with embroidery designs on the computer. I will have to do more housework today. With the cold weather we don't feel like doing much indoors. 

There was one case of the virus reported yesterday. Close contact of another case. 

Sewing

I went down the rabbit hole of trying to find an embroidery design for the yoke on a toddler's dress I want to make. I did 2 to see if one of them will fit the yoke. If not, back to designing again. 

In the world of sewing, I made a mask for myself and it was too small. When I sat and thought about it, I began to doubt myself. I was wrong when I measured the mask I had. It is too big on me but the circle used was 11" not 10". I cut out another 10" circle to put in daughter's box and then 2 11" circles for masks for me. I will use 3/8" seams to make them smaller. 

I do love this mask as it fits most faces well and is fast to make. 

With that figured out and me needing a break, I made daughter another 3 meters of piping. I had it done in less than an hour. 

A new Keepers Dolly Duds pattern is out to test. It came out yesterday afternoon and I missed it last night. It is called Amy and is to be a part of the Little Women collection.

I found the picture on the designer's Facebook page and have loved it since she showed it last fall. I will be making it for sure starting today. It is a skirt and blouse with decorative stitching on the blouse. I need to look for the fabric so I can make it quickly. It has a week's sewing timeline (very fast).

Knitting

I worked on the Daisy Stitch sweater last night until my hands cramped up. I've got about 20 rows done so far. It is my slow knit as I will be setting it aside while I do other test patterns. 

Today

This morning it will be more housework with sewing in the afternoon. I have to pick up grandson from school at 3 p.m. In the midst of all this, I have a call from the doctor. Tonight will be more knitting.

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment