Sunday, February 07, 2021

Bodice Lining Completed

Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud. The high got to almost 6C. This morning we woke to a skiff of snow, -3C with a wind chill of -7C. We are to have snow start late this afternoon and it will turn cold. Hopefully we will see some sun before it starts snowing. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we went to the quilt shop to get out of the house. It was a nice drive before the storm hits. I did some more cleaning in the kitchen. I scrubbed the counter tops and then I went back and disinfected them. I also wiped down some cupboard doors and shone up the stove top. 

I helped with the puzzle yesterday and got a big piece in place and added about a dozen more pieces to the area. The Spousal Unit also found some pieces to go in so it was a successful day. We also watched the latest episode of Finding Your Roots. We enjoy that show and I record it to watch one afternoon. 

I ate very blandly yesterday. It was boring but my IBS has settled down. I have to be careful for a couple of weeks and eat only those foods that do not cause the flare ups. I reviewed them and need to buy a few things this week. In the meantime, it will be bland. 

There are no new cases of the virus yesterday for the 2nd day in a row. We hope that cases remain low with restrictions lifted. We know they will be put back in place if the numbers go up. For us, it means shopping early and getting out before the crowds arrive. 

Sewing

I did buy at the quilt shop yesterday and duly recorded it. Two fat quarters of an orange fabric and 1/2 meter of heavy interfacing for the next fabric basket. The orange fabric will probably be used for ski pants and I will get a cute print to go with it for the ski jacket. 

It was lining day for the Civil War Day Dress. I sewed up side seams and hand sewed the lining to cover the sleeve seams. 

Once done, I got the cuffs ready to put onto the sleeves. They look like little boats.

Addy tried on the dress and is happy with it. She is sure that Sarah will love it. 

Knitting

The buttons are on the hat for daughter and it is ready to go into the box I want to ship this week.

I also knit on the test pattern and got it finished. Julie has asked to model it. 


The hat is on the needles and I'm doing the garter stitch brim. I hope to have it done by Monday. 

Today

Once I fold a load of laundry and get one on, I am going to try and finish the dress today. There isn't a lot to do but most of it is time consuming (the cuffs). Once done, I will tidy up the sewing room. Piping is next. I will knit tonight unless we have to go out and shovel snow. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment