Friday, February 05, 2021

More Done On The Civil War Day Dress

 Yesterday was another nice day with a high of 4C. This morning, it was 1C at 6 a.m. and it had snowed during the night. Not a lot but enough to make the lawns white. Rain is in the forecast for tonight. High is to get to 2C. A cooler day. 

Lifestyle

I spent some time cleaning the hallway and getting the items back on the half round table I have in there. The floor was washed and laundry was done. I am going to have to speed up my house cleaning as I feel like I am getting behind again. 

We were out in the late afternoon and enjoyed our little trip. Got son his birthday present. It was a break from being in the house all the time. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday. They are asking people who are out and about to keep getting tested. We aren't out a lot so aren't getting it done at this time. We will if necessary to help keep others safe and healthy. 

Sewing

I spent some quality time in the sewing room yesterday putting in the sleeves and then doing the collar.

The amount of hand basting I'm doing is unreal but I want this dress to shine. I've decided that I need to up the ante on couture sewing. I am hoping that I will have this dress done by Sunday afternoon. There isn't a lot left to do. The pattern has been closed as the designer wanted mainly proof reading and I was the only one to sew. I really don't mind as I will have a lovely dress for Sarah when she arrives.

Once done, I am going to cut out piping and sew it. I need to send a box to daughter by mid month. 

Knitting

I'm into the swing of things with the pattern on the sleeves and have about 4 repeats left to go and the sweater will be done. I'm pleased with the results so far and hope the hat will be cute also. 

Today

Housework this morning and then sewing until 4 p.m. We are out to family's for dinner. I may knit tonight depending on what time we get home. 

Until the next time............................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment