Sunday, February 21, 2021

Handy Man DIY Failure

 Yesterday was a snow day. The snow started at 7:30 am and quit around 8 pm. We think about 2" fell but it could be more. The high got to -4C. This morning, it is -8C and there is clouds and the sun is trying to break through. It could get to -1C today. 

Lifestyle

I started working in the downstairs bathroom yesterday morning. I did some cleaning and then decided to hang the towel ring (which is square). It was quite a gong show. First, they have you use a big bit to make the holes. Way to big for me but I did get the towel ring up with only minor issues. It is straight and level. 

Once that was done, things went downhill on the toilet paper holder. I got it on crooked and I had huge language issues. The Spousal Unit removed the wall anchors, I patched the holes, and then swept the floor. I put what energy I had left into cleaning the toilet. I was so upset that the poor toilet got a super scrubbing. When done, I left the bathroom and quit for the day (it was almost lunch time anyways). 

Grandson shoveled the driveway mid morning and the Spousal Unit did it again after lunch and threw down salt. I'm sure it needs doing again today. 

There were 4 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The number of active cases has gone up to 18. A bit scary for us as we were below 10 active cases for a while. Travel and close contact of an active case were the reasons. 

Sewing

While waiting for lunch, I cut the threads and took off the tear away stabilizer on the daisy ring. I also marked it for a 10" square which is the size of the artists canvas I will buy. I still need to add on for turning and stapling the fabric down. I need to buy the canvas first. 

I didn't look at the stash yesterday. I was just too tired to look for pieces for daughter. I will do that today. I may only be able to send fabric for 1 shirt as the box is getting full. I did look at that. 

I've decided that the rest of the month I will make a Christmas shopping bag and a few more items of clothing for the dolls. The rest will move on to March. I have items for the Fall Fair on my list. I will make some of them but I doubt if we will be going if it is open to the public. Too many people and too many chances of getting the virus and spreading it to family and friends even if we have been vaccinated. 

Knitting

With the lack of energy, I did not knit last night. I actually could not even think and didn't want to make a mistake. 

Today

I will try to hang the towel bar, finish the repair of the holes in the wall, a bit more cleaning. Then I will pull fabric for daughter and get her box ready to mail. We are out to family's for grandson's birthday dinner. A busy day for us. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment