Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Test Project Completed

 Yesterday the weather wasn't as bad as anticipated. Or at least I didn't think it was. It was raining after breakfast and it started to freeze as it hit the ground shortly after it started. The temperature rose slowly and the slush got thicker but, at the end of the day, there was about 3/4" on the driveway. The temperature was 8C at midnight and it was -1C at 6 a.m. We are to have a cloudy day today with little to no moisture. 

Lifestyle

I hurried out after breakfast and got gas for the generator and filled the car. We were ready for a power outage which never happened. Power outages were minimal yesterday.

The Spousal Unit scraped the deck yesterday to get rid of the slush. It was melting and making a wet mess under the deck. He also did a path on the driveway. After dinner, we turned on the light above the garage door and scraped the driveway clean. It is dry today. 

The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle yesterday and is making progress. It is a hard puzzle and it can get frustrating. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are related to travel outside of the region. 

Sewing

The test pattern is finished. I worked about 4.5 hours on it. 

The fabric is not historically correct but it is certainly cute. Though it took a lot of time to make, it was easier to sew than the blouse. The hardest part was the yoke. 

I have been doing a Hong Kong finish on the center back seam. I love how it finishes a hard to serge seam as it is curved. If I make the skirt again, I will shorten the shoulder straps a tiny bit. They are a bit long. 

It is time to clean up the sewing room and start another project. I need to look at my list and decide. 

Knitting

No knitting was done last night as I was tired. 

Today

Housework this morning and then cleaning the sewing room and prepping for another project. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment