Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Super Fast Trip To The City

 Yesterday was cold. -11C with a wind chill of -17C first thing in the morning. The high got to -6C. This morning it is -12C but there is hardly any wind. The high is to get to 1C with it warming up more overnight. Periods of rain during the night also. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I went shopping. I allowed myself 1 hour in Walmart and did the essential shopping first and then non-essential items after that. When the hour was up, I was out of there. I did Michaels and was out of there in less than 20 minutes. Home by 11:15 a.m. It was a tiring trip and I was frustrated in Walmart. I wore a new mask and it doesn't fit. My face is too short for the length of the mask and when I adjusted it, my glasses fogged up. That mask will be washed and given to daughter. She loves that design.

The only thing I did in the family room was to put the fabric tubs into the cube. I thought I bought 6 but only got 3. The paper, games, and puzzles are in the tubs and I will get 3 more later on. The 3 tubs certainly has the cube looking neater. 

There were 10 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 37 active cases, most in the city. Restrictions will be in place at  8 a.m. today until March 26. The area is the same as it was in Nov/Dec. The restrictions are not as severe as then but will become that severe if numbers continue to go up. We will not be shopping in there due to the restrictions.

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday but I did think about storing doll patterns. I asked the question on a forum and got some good ideas. I have a few zipper bags that I am going to put patterns into and if they work I'll get more from the dollar store. The next thing will be a tub to store them in. Ideas are rolling in my head. 

Knitting

I finished the first sweater and photographed it. 

I really like this sweater and want to knit it again. The yarn I chose is wool but is not soft. The dolls don't mind but I do.

While doing the non essential shopping, I walked through one row of yarn to find the fabric bins. I spotted some yarn I wanted to try and chose this in less than 5 minutes. 

I will make the above sweater again using it. 

Today

The plan is to do some cleaning upstairs -- sweep floors, do laundry, and tidy up a couple of area. If I have time, I will do a bit of cleaning in the sewing room before lunch. After lunch, I will sew on the doll's dress by redoing the bodice. Tonight it is knitting. We are home for the day keeping safe. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment