Friday, February 12, 2021

Decorative Stitch Failure

 Yesterday was another cold and sunny day. The high got to -6C. This morning it is -12 with wind. We also had a snow flurry go through and whiten the deck. We should see some sun today but could have flurries during the day. 

We talking about when the last big snow storm was in this area. Feb. 14, 2017 had 65 cm fall. That is 26". Between Feb. 5-7, 2001, there was 200 cm of snow fall. That is a whopping 80" of snow. We will not complain about the snow we had. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a hodge podge day. I did get some housework done in the kitchen. Right down to the floor being swept. I did a load of laundry also. I was waiting for the doctor to call so couldn't get into big jobs so it was small jobs that got done. 

The doctor called after lunch and the news was good. My thyroid is still stable and has been for about a year now. My liver functioning has improved. Up from 45% to 52%. Loosing weight has helped that. It also means my blood pressure is good and my blood sugars are below 6.0. I will continue to eat properly and loose weight. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday and both are close contacts with other cases. I'm sure people here are really thinking as Newfoundland reported 100 cases yesterday. It is a reminder that the virus is around and can infect many people in a hurry. 

Sewing

My time in the sewing room was limited yesterday so I had to make the best use of my time. I decided to pin and cut out the blouse of the Amy outfit. I worked on the front, did the stitching (after doing a test piece) and I tossed it into the garbage. It was a failure.

The stitch pattern did its own thing on me. I have laid out another front and will rethink which design I will do. I left the sewing room in a frump and picked up our grandson from school. Best diversion I had. 

While I had some down time, I may choose not to do any fancy stitching but just two rows of a 3 step stitch down each side of the center front. Or, it may stay plain. 

Knitting

I worked on the Daisy Stitch sweater and my luck was not so good with it. I had to unknit several rows to fix a mistake. All is well but it certainly wasn't fun undoing the daisy stitch. Fear of dropping a stitch reigns wild. 

Today

More housework today along with sewing and knitting. Another stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time.................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment