Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A Christmas Shopping Bag

Yesterday started out sunny but it clouded over mid morning. It wasn't the dark depressing grey clouds. It was still bright outside. It snowed starting around 7 pm and we woke to it raining and blowing at 4 a.m. The storm is gone and we have 5C and a slushy driveway. 

Lifestyle

The storage/maintenance room got more cleaning done to it yesterday morning. The shelving unit was cleaned and organized. I tossed empty boxes and moved items around until I was happy with the results. 

I started to work on the tubs, had an emotional moment as I moved a box to the other side of the room for thrift shop items. I had to stop and think so we headed out to do a few things in town. By lunch time I have a plan I think will work for now. Condense so I have three tubs in that area. 

I had a bit of a surprise when doing my glucose the past two days at noon. 5.9 and 6.2, which are high for me. Especially as I have been busy in the morning cleaning. I don't have a snack either. This morning I did the test and it was 5.4 so I am happy as that is a good morning number for me. 

There was 1 new case of the virus reported yesterday and is closely related to another case. 

Sewing

I spent 10-15 minutes in the sewing room and sent daughter 1.6 meters of fabric for a shirt. It is gone from the stash as I wasn't going to use it at all. 


I was going to sew shirts here but there was no interest at all from the barrel racing crowd. Someone on the west coast will have a lovely shirt to wear.

I decided to sew up a piece of Christmas fabric yesterday even though it was early for that. I went with the flow and enjoyed making a reusable shopping bag for me. The fabric has cardinals on it and the design runs the length of the fabric. It is from a bolt that was picked up and put back many times in the store and was finally deeply discounted. It was part of a mish mash of fabrics that arrived and the only Christmas fabric. I bought a meter of it at the deeply discounted price not knowing what I would do with it. 

The idea came to fruition when a friend suggested a nice Christmas shopping bag in cardinal fabric. I spend some time figuring where to cut it down the length so I could line it with the left over fabric. It went well and by 4 p.m. I had a bag. The handles are from a scrap of fabric in the stash. The fabric was 1 meter and the interfacing was .5 meter.

I quite like this bag and will be using it when I Christmas shop later this year. 

Knitting

I knit the collar on the test sweater last night and quit on the cast off row. Too much counting and not enough time to do it in. 

Today

I need to do the tubs in the storage room and get it off my mind. Next up will be the family room which will take me quite a while to do. I want to clean the sewing room up, press some fabric and start something new today. Tonight will be knitting. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment