Thursday, February 25, 2021

A Doll's Christmas Dress Begun

 Yesterday was a warm day for us. The high was 5C. The snow melted though there is still lots left for us to see. This morning the temperature was 3C at 6 a.m. and raining. We are to see 4C. Tonight it is to be cold at -11C. 

Lifestyle

It was cranky day yesterday. But, I did get what I set out to do done. The TV area of the family room was cleaned. The heat pump head was cleaned also. It was dusty in that area but the floor wasn't too dirty when I scrubbed it. Only one item was removed. 

I used disinfectant wipes on the heat pump to make sure any mold was killed. Didn't find any. While I waited for floor areas to dry, I worked on the puzzle. Found about 10 pieces for the sky. 

Daughter told me the area was empty. I call it minimalist. Keeping it that way makes it easier to keep clean and organized. It also makes us feel more relaxed. We both dislike clutter as it makes us feel stressed.

The Spousal Unit got most of the snow/ice off the back deck. We were worried about it freezing solid in the next cold spell. With both the deck and driveway cleared, we will be safe from icy surfaces. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. A lot of testing is going on as there is concern of community spread in two areas of the province. We live between those two areas. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I pressed the fabric I needed and cut out a dress that I've been wanting to make since November. I used the sleeves from a different pattern and they went in well. 

The lining was attached to the neck and I'm ready to try a new method of attaching the lining to the sleeves. I'll straight stitch first to see if it works and if it does I'll do a 3 step zigzag stitch to finish the raw edges. 

This is a Christmas dress for one of the dolls. I plan on making more Christmas dresses so I can dress the dolls in December. 

I am looking forward to spending morning cleaning the sewing room. It is going to be a big job but I will get it done. 

Knitting

I almost finished the beret last night. So close but I didn't get it done. I had to find another ball of yarn as I didn't have enough. When done, I will start testing another sweater and hat for a different designer. 

Today

More to be done in the family room. Today's focus is the area where the chairs and coffee table is placed. That means back to where the room becomes narrower. I also want to work on the doll's dress, finish knitting the beret and cast on the next pattern. A busy day but it is keeping me out of trouble. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment