Tuesday, February 02, 2021

A Stay The Blazes Home Kind of Day

 It is snowing and blowing this morning. It was when I got up at 6"30 a.m. It is a storm chip type of day. 


But not at our house. We joked and laughed about it but we haven't had them in the house for a year. They are delicious and addicting. And they only come in bigger bags.

Storm chips are the brain child of a Nova Scotian reporter who bought her favorite variety of chips and dip when a storm was coming in 2014. Covered Bridge had them out in 2015. They sell fast when a storm comes in. 

The snow is going to be here until it warms up and changes to rain later today. They say the temperature could get up to 11C. In the mean time, we are hunkered down watching it snow and blow. 

Lifestyle

I headed into Dartmouth early yesterday morning. I got to Costco at 9:30 a.m. and was out the door at 10:00 a.m. Not looking around for me. It was getting busy and I didn't want to be there in a long line up. As it was, the line up was from the tills to the produce. 

My next stop was Walmart and I was out in an hour. Couldn't get everything I wanted but that happens. It wasn't too busy in there but I wasn't going to wander around either. I was on a mission to be home by just after noon. 

Third stop was the fabric store and I was in and out with very little time looking around. Good sale but I only needed buttons and circular needle. Did peek at some yarn and though. Left it there. 

Once home, we got everything put away by 3:00 p.m. That included the meat I bought. It was repackaged and in the freezer. 

The Spousal Unit and I watched a bit of TV before dinner. We had lasagna which I had pre-planned for. I was tired from the fast trip and aching from the storm coming in. 

I didn't sew or knit yesterday. It was a day away from both activities. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday. There are 10 active cases in the province. 

Today

 I am going to keep busy doing some housework, sew some, watch a bit of TV,  and knit tonight. It really is a "stay the blazes home" kind of day. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment