Friday, June 26, 2020

Too Hot Too Long

It has been very warm here the past few days. Broke the record a couple of times during the heat wave. Yesterday it got to 28-29C. This morning it was 15C at 6 a.m. and is suppose to get to 27C. It has been too hot too long. 

Lifestyle

With all the heat and working out in it, we woke up exhausted yesterday morning. Nothing was right for us as we hadn't slept well due to the night temperature sitting at 20C. 
We put together a plan for the day and stuck to it. We did more clean up in the morning and a bit in the afternoon. We stopped before I over heated (I don't sweat very easily). We went inside to cool off and both of us slept until 3:50 pm. We sat outside in the cool last night which helped us a lot. I actually was cold when we went inside and was happy. 
We hit day 16 with no new cases of the virus. The Atlantic provinces are opening up to travel between them. It is called the Atlantic Travel Bubble. People are advised to continue to be diligent as the virus can rear its ugly head if we don't. 

Sewing

I haven't stepped foot into the sewing room the past few days. I keep thinking about Anna's wardrobe and the pattern I drafted. I'm too tired when I get into the house and just rest. 
I read about how to store doll clothes and use the container as a bed. I will start to buy the containers and make the quilt, pillows, and bed ruffles. Kit's will be the first when I find the fabrics I want to use. 
I had hoped to be done cleaning the sewing room but it is still half done with more needing to be completed. I had an idea this would happen back in March as we usually do outside work in June-Sept. 

Knitting

I did knit on the doll's sweater and the first sleeve is coming along nicely. I hope I have enough yarn for both sleeves. If not, I will rip it back and so the short sleeved version. 

Today

I have to run into the doctor's office and get the paperwork for blood tests and try to get appointments for our blood tests. I am assuming we will be outside for a period of time and inside to rest. If not, I will do housework instead. 
Until the next time......................................

1 comment:

  1. Do you have home air conditioning there?

    ReplyDelete