Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Good Check Up

Yesterday the high got to 26C with lots of sunshine. This morning it is 12C and it is suppose to be sunny and 28C. Then we start seeing 30C+ starting tomorrow for a couple of days. The humidex for those days will be close to 40C (ugh)

Lifestyle

I did a bit extra on the family tree yesterday morning. Not a lot but some. I've shut it down for a few days as I've hit a brick wall and need to rethink what I will do next. 
We headed to Dartmouth for the Spousal Unit's appointment. The dermatologist was pleased with him and he will get another appointment after bloodwork is done. He still awaits seeing the plastic surgeon which could be some time yet. We had lunch on the way home and were home before 2 pm.
I had a rest on the couch in the afternoon. I didn't sleep but relaxed and zoned out. It really revived me. 
We have had 7 days with no new cases of the virus and have 2 active cases. 

Sewing

I spent a good hour in the sewing room cleaning up one corner where I want a desk. I swept the floor, scrubbed it on my hands and knees, and tidied up the mess. All the doll's patterns are put away. Small items are put away properly and items organized. 
As much as I don't want the corner desk in the sewing room, it has become the computer area and is quite handy. 
I did think about the other side of that area for the desk and I will get a table and some sort of drawer system. There will be a peg board above the table for items I use all the time. 
I spent a bit of time figuring out some items for Anna's wardrobe. We have a long dress, overalls, surplice top dress and a pink print blouse. She wants a variety of items and couldn't care less if they match or not. We are talking about  that. 

Knitting

I knit  on the second sleeve of the slow sweater and am just over half done it. I am enjoying it even if the pattern has lots of mistakes. I am waiting for a pattern to arrive to test and will set the slow sweater aside while I knit on it. 

Today

Landscaping this morning, more cleaning the sewing room this afternoon, and knitting tonight. We have to be careful that we don't overdo it in the sun today. We also have our grandson here for the day which we thoroughly enjoy. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment