Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Second Hack A Success

Yesterday was another warm muggy day. The high got too 24C. This morning it was 19C at 6 a.m. It is suppose to be warmer today. 

Lifestyle

I spent a good morning cleaning the kitchen. I wiped cupboard doors, cleaned every surface I could and polished the stainless steel appliances. I had to quit just before 11:30 as I had to go to the pharmacy about one prescription. It was filled and waiting for me. It was a good feeling to have done housework all morning and see a room so clean. 
Yesterday was day 20 with no new cases of the virus. People here are being vigilant to keep the virus at bay this long. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room after lunch and got the American Girl doll surplice bodice sewn. 
These are the two pattern pieces I used for Take 1. I cut the back on the straight of the grain. I fiddled a bit on the front as the center front notches slipped apart. When aligned correctly, the top fit to perfection. 
The dolls body at the arms shows a bit. I have two ways to correct it -- add 1/8" to the arm holes or use flutter sleeves. 
This pattern is ready to be sewn in good fabric and I have ideas floating in my head. 
The Gotz doll pattern has been adjusted and I'm ready to make Take 2. This has gone from a pattern hack to a pattern design. 
I posted July's sewing and I said I was staying out of the fabric stores except for notions. That may not happen as the quilt shop posted ticking in quilting cotton and I may need some (as daughter may also). If I keep drafting, I may have to get some cheap cotton for muslins. I use 1/4 meter each time I make a bodice. The 1 meter of broadcloth I bought in June is disappearing quickly. 

Knitting

I finished the test sweater last night and will be trying it on a couple of dolls. It may fit tight as I used (and finished up) a yarn that is a bit finer than the regular sock yarn I like to use. 
There is another test pattern to knit though it will be published before I get it done. It is cute and worthy of knitting.

Today

Grandson is here for the day. I want to scrub the bathroom and wash some floors. Take 2 of the muslin will be sewn and I'll set up another sweater for knitting. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment