Thursday, June 11, 2020

Another Doll's Item Made - A Jacket

Yesterday was sunny and quite a nice day. The high got to 20C.  This morning the temperature was 10C and cloudy. Not sure what today will bring weather wise. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning outside working on the hedge. Both ends are now weeded with the edging done on our side. The other side has an edging on it which is nice. I have decided that I will do three shrubs at a time and try to do both sides at one go as I now have to both weed and prune the shrubs. 
The Spousal Unit cleaned up the front flower bed in preparation for us doing the edging. I think I will be alternating between the flower bed and the hedge for the next month. Both need doing. 
There were no new cases reported reported yesterday and only 4 cases left to reconcile (new term for recovered). We will only have written briefs as the Chief Medical Officer has to go out of province for a cancer check up and will be self isolating upon his return. We still need to have due diligence in keeping the numbers low. 

Sewing

I worked on the jacket for Kit. It was a fairly easy sew. What I didn't like was how the side seams are not hidden in a lined jacket. I guess I am fussy. 

I just have the shorts left to make in the check fabric and the summer wardrobe is complete. I am thrilled with it.
I am doing a test pattern of a coat called a Bog Jacket. I will look for fabric for it in the stash. I am going to incorporate it into one of the doll's wardrobes but not sure which one. Depends on the fabric I find to use.  

Knitting

I worked on the slow sweater and have one part done and am ready to start the other side, The shoulder seams get done in this step. 

Today

I have an appointment to get my glasses (curbside) this morning. I will sew this afternoon and knit tonight. It is an off day due to things we need to do around town. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment