Saturday, June 06, 2020

A Busy Day

Yesterday was warm. At noon, we had a small shower and it cooled off some. The high got to 25C. This morning it is 15C and cloudy. Rain is in the forecast. 

Lifestyle

We headed out yesterday morning for our mental health drive. We went to get some gardening supplies. We wore our masks and used hand sanitizer. We got home for a late lunch. 
Part of the afternoon was spent figuring out where most of the plants will go and deciding when to plant them. 
We were awakened at midnight with the Emergency Alert blaring on my phone. A prisoner escaped from a correctional institute a 2 hour drive from us. We have everything locked up just to be sure. Just a bit more excitement here in Nova Scotia. 
There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The number of people recovering is hard to figure out but it is 5 or less. We are still being super careful to do our part. 

Sewing

I got the elastic put into the skirt's waistband and it fits Kit a lot better. I know I will have to do it for the shorts and capris. I cut out the other blouse for her wardrobe using the same check fabric. It is partly sewn but needs to have a few more clips at the neckline to lie nicer. 
I've decided to make Kit's wardrobe with a 1930-1940's flair and using only Keepers Dolly Duds patterns. I only have to buy 2 patterns as I have the rest already. I'm trying to get the wardrobe done by the end of August when I'll focus on another doll's wardrobe. It will be for Anna (Gotz) and I'm letting my mind wander around thinking about what I can make for her. 

Knitting

I went looking for more Jean's yarn and the store has discontinued it. I have to order it online. I'm placing a good sized order so I have extra yarn to knit this winter. I did buy a skein of pink yarn for Anna (who gets the next wardrobe). 
I have done a fair amount on the "slow knit" sweater. I am loving it and will have to sew a wardrobe to go with it. 
I will have to set this aside to knit Kit a sweater to wear over her tops. I'm thinking white so it goes with everything.

Today

It is damp outside so I will be doing inside things with some sewing this afternoon. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment