Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Kit's Summer Wardrobe Is Done

Sunday was cooler and cloudy. The high got to 17C. Monday was cool with the sun trying to break through the clouds. It as warmer at 21C. We are now starting the warmer weather (okay hot) with 25C and up to 30C on Thursday. 

Lifestyle

On Sunday I went down the genealogy hole and learned a few things while researching. It was my dad's family I was looking at and I found a few interesting facts. What was said and what actually happened can't be confirmed. I asked a lot of questions but didn't get a lot of answers. I did get a few more people into the family tree. 
We went for our mental health drive yesterday. I did stop at the quilt shop for 30 mins. More on that under sewing. We went for a short drive after that and came home. It was nice to get off the property with no actual place to be. I had done the grocery shopping at 7 am and was home just after 7:30 am. 
Yesterday was day 6 of no new cases of the virus. All but 3 people have recovered. We are still doing a lot of social distancing, wearing masks, and washing our hands. We are both tired of this but know it is for our own safety. 

Sewing

I hit the quilting store as it opened and was the first person in. I had 10 minutes as the only shopper, another 10 minutes with another shopper and then a couple more came in. I left shortly after that. I had 40 minutes of shopping. 
I had a wonderful time picking and choosing. The prints will be blouses and the hatched solids are for overalls for the dolls. All the fabrics are washed and ready to start sewing after the sewing room is scrubbed clean. 
All the snaps and buttons are on Kit's clothes and I'm very happy with the wardrobe I created for her. 
I met the goal I set using only fabrics and yarn from the stash. 
 All the pieces mix and match so she has a lot of outfits to wear. 
 It is a wardrobe that would be great for a vacation or a staycation. 
 And the hat is reversible though I didn't show it that way. 
Next up is the deep cleaning of the sewing room. Perfect job for the hot afternoons we are going to be getting. 

Knitting

I am about 1/3rd done the second sleeve. I am starting to bind off for under the arms. There is still a lot of work to go on this sweater -- the shawl collar plus back bands for snaps to be sewn onto. 

Today

We are off to the city this morning as the Spousal Unit has to see the dermatologist. It's his check up. I can't go in with him. We will be home with a stop at a green house for aphid powder. The roses are covered with them. I will knit and relax when we get home. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment